Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We Need a Point Guard

Wow! 3 posts in a day. Having watched Tech basketball this year I’ve come to accept the fact that we aren’t going to be good. The team seems just good enough to lose every game on the road by 10 points or less and win most of their home games. This team reminds me a lot of the team from 2 years ago when Jarrett Jack left. Both teams had a bunch of athletic guys who had no one to throw the ball to. Hewitt is using three guys who aren’t natural point guards. So it looks like another year of close losses and ugly wins. Here’s hoping Hewitt gets a point guard in this years recruiting class in the mold of Jarrett Jack and Javaris Crittenton. And if that’s the case, I hope he stays around for a few years (like Jack) and not a one and done (like Crittenton).

Side Note 1: I thought at the time that Crittenton (and for that matter Thaddeus Young) left one year too early. It might be for selfish reasons though because I really feel that we would be a top 10 (maybe even a top 5) team with him (them).

Side Note 2: Tech always beats one highly ranked team they shouldn’t every year. Let’s hope they do that tonight against the Tar Heels. Go Jackets!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Curt said...

First, you guys are fail for abandoning the blog.

Second, it appears that you have some spam blog comments. I didn't even know those existed!

Huevos McGringo said...

how can the blog that produced "the poop count" have fallen off so quickly. seriously y'all, it's pitiful to fall off after like 3 months.