Sunday, October 7, 2007

Don't Call It a Comeback

Sorry for the long break. A mixture of work and illness prevented me from blogging for the last couple of weeks but I hope to make up for it this month.

So during lunch at work the other day we were talking about movies and how movies in the 70's and 80's had a lot more cussing on them than movies released today. Now, I'm not going to write about that today but it did remind me of something I've been meaning to write about for awhile. So in no particular order, here's my list of the greatest cussers in movie history.

1. Samuel L. Jackson - Pretty much every movie he's ever been in. As an aside I watched all three Lord of the Rings movies back to back and by the end my friend and I were imagining what the movie would be like if every role was played by Jackson. At the time it seemed really funny.

2. Jason Lee - Mallrats and Chasing Amy.

3. Bruce Willis - The Die Hard movies.

4. James Gandolfini - The Sopranos

5. Joe Pesci - Goodfellas, My Cousin Vinny

6. Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin - Midnight Run

7. Ben Affleck - Dazed and Confused

8. John Goodman and Jeff Bridges - The Big Lebowski

9. Sean William Scott - The American Pie Movies

10. Bill Paxton - Aliens

What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

mcsquared said...

I'm not sure if I like Bill Paxton so much for the cussing as I do the genius manner in which he delivers the otherwise throw away lines he's given. I could watch that shit over and over...Apparently he's pretty embarassed by it.
MCSQUARED

Babar said...

good choices, nearly all.
my favorites include Jason Lee and Jeff Bridges.
The only one of my favorites that you left off is Bruce McCullough of the Kids in the Hall, most notably in Brain Candy as the metal singer Grievo.