Friday, October 12, 2007

The Mitchell Report, Cover. TomKat, Inset.

The Mitchell Report is coming out. I am glowing with schadenfreude already. I can't wait to see which Major Leaguers are busted as steroid abusing freaks.

I can't help but draw a parallel between the steroid scandal and the tabloids, though. I mean, when Game of Shadows came out, ESPN ran a sidebar where you could compare skinny Pittsburgh Barry to the current Incredible Hulk model. It was almost exactly like those US Weekly shots of Farrah Fawcett one year ago, next to one of Farrah today, speculating whether or not she had plastic surgery.

Steroid watching is very much akin to tabloid reading. Which I suppose makes Troy Glaus akin to that naked girl from High School Musical, and Barry Bonds akin to Lindsay Lohan.

1 comment:

Babar said...

An Aside that did not warrant its own post:
The ESPN.com article quotes a source with a DA's office named Heather Orth. Wasn't that the name of that kind of freaky chick from the OU soccer team (that I think may have gone to one of our dances with Ben Matthews)? Anyone remember?