Thursday, August 23, 2007

This is SportsCenter?

The good people at the Worldwide Leader can kiss my ass.

Perhaps worrying that they were losing in the stupid people demographic to The Best Damn Sports Show Period on Fox, ESPN has broken out some incredibly moronic programming for its centerpiece show.

The "Who's Now" tournament? Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen on television. Watching Keyshawn and Erin Andrews debate who has more "buzz," LeBron James or Shaquille O'Neal was excruciating.

The segment where Reese Davis, Mark May, and Lou Holtz (bravely battling what I assume to be a case of dementia) debate what will happen in specific college football games in November? Completely freaking retarded. Although I am glad to know that Rutgers will finally claw their way back into the top 10 on November 2. Great analysis, guys.

With football season just around the corner, you just know they are going to dust off that gem where CFL legend Sean Salisbury and the guy who looks like Mike Oldham pretend to argue about the NFL.

And is it just me, or are the Little League highlights getting out of hand? I feel like these 12 year olds get more coverage than actual Major League Baseball sometimes. And I am sure that has nothing to do with the fact that ESPN and ABC broadcast the LLWS games. Pure coincidence.

I would rather watch a Jeremy Schaap puff piece about some crippled curler in Manitoba defying the odds to try out for the Olympic team than some of the things SportsCenter subjects me to now.

1 comment:

Huevos McGringo said...

the daily show has also lost a bit of its luster. colbert clearly outshines it.