Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And to think, my good eyepatch is at the cleaners...


Today is Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I hope everyone takes advantage of Talk Like a Pirate Day. Use this as an excuse to annoy bosses, co-workers, significant others, sympathetic bartenders, concerned emergency room attendants, and anyone else you may come across today.

Personally, I don't enjoy forming full sentences or paragraphs in pirate-speak, as the founders of this holiday seem to advocate. However, I do enjoy groan-inducing pirate-speak one-liners.* For example:

What is a pirate's favorite means of alternative dispute resolution? ARRRGH-bitration.

What is a pirate's favorite Canadian Football League franchise? The Toronto ARRRGH-gonauts.

Who is a pirate's favorite southern rock drummer? ARRRGH-timus Pyle.

And so on.

However you choose to mark the occasion, enjoy.




*I can't help but feel that three consecutive hyphenated words has to be some kind of record, by the way.

No comments: