Saturday, September 22, 2007

You know the singer has a drug problem when...

Driving home tonight, I flipped the radio to XM channel 12, Cross Country. Flipped there just in time for the beginning of Todd Snider's "Doublewide Blues." Good tune. I was pleased that the radio gods smiled on me.

Immediately after the song wrapped up, they played another Todd song- "Keep off the Grass." Even better song.

But instead of being excited that I got to hear two great Todd Snider tunes back-to-back on the radio, I became concerned. I thought, "Is this part of a tribute because he turned up dead on the bathroom floor of some dive bar in Nashville?"

With most artists, you assume it is because the station is doing a "Two-for-Tuesday" or "Back-to-Back Weekend" promotion. With Todd, you assume the worst.

No comments: